How to Collect Vintage Railroad Timetables
If you collect vintage railroad timetables, you may not know that you are a cross collector. This means that your collection falls into more than one category. Vintage railroad timetables are part of a large group called ephemera, which is the collecting of printed matter that is of interest for a short time. They also will fall into the category of Railroadiana, which is collecting anything that pertains to railroads.
Steps to Collect Vintage Railroad Timetables
1. Join the National Association of Timetable Collectors so that you can share your love for vintage railroad timetables with other collectors.
The website has excellent information and resources for vintage railroad timetable collectors.
2. Visit local antique shops.
Ask the shop owners if they have any vintage railroad timetables for sale. Tell the store owners of your collecting interests so they will keep your needs in mind when they go on buying trips for their shops or visit other antique dealers.
3. Browse online auction websites to find vintage railroad timetables that you would like to add to your collection.
4. Go to Ephemera shows and look for vintage railroad timetables that you do not have in your collection.
5. Attend local auctions.
There might be vintage railroad timetables up for bid.
6. Scour flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales, searching for vintage railroad timetables for sale.
7. Check online trading posts on websites.
Such as the National Association of Timetable Collectors, looking for timetables that you do not have in your collection that others want to sell or trade.
You Might Also Like :: How to Remove Sediment from a Antique Kettle