How to Prepare Yourself for a Baby Delivery
Every mother knows how big the excitement is in waiting for her baby delivery. It’s the happiest day ever when your baby is in your arms.
The time during the baby delivery is time you will never forget and there is nothing greater than to bring a new life to this world.
4 Steps to Prepare Yourself for a Baby Delivery
1. Prepare your suitcase for the hospital a little bit earlier than your due date.
You know what you will need there: toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, small mirror, slippers, socks, one nightgown, underwear, the baby clothes and blankets.
2. Sometimes the contractions may start much earlier than the baby’s due date.
The doctor will ask you to call back when your contractions are about 10 to 15 minutes apart. You’d better call to someone to come and be around you even if your contractions just barely started.
3. The Lamaze program is good for the breathing part of labor, if you are able to follow it.
Some women have difficulty with it and doing the breathing just makes things more complicated. If you don’t follow the Lamaze program precisely, it is OK too. What matters is to breathe the way you feel most comfortable.
4. Finally, when you hear your baby crying and you hold them in your arms, you will feel like the happiest person ever.
Good luck, future moms.
Tips and Warnings
- You may add things in your suitcase like some make-up, cardigan sweater, etc.
- Always explain what you need and what you want to the nurse. Don’t wait until the last minute to ask for help.
You Might Also Like :: How to Choose a Hospital or Birth Center Delivery