Making Chocolate Covered Strawberries in 5 Easy Steps
When you think of Valentine’s Day, do you think elaborate dinners?
Well, maybe all you really need is a special focus on your Valentine – and an easy to make treat. And there’s one treat that’s so simple to make anyone can do it.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
To make 1 lb. (.45 kg) of finished strawberries, you’ll need 6 oz. of chocolate. Select the best strawberries you can find. They should be firm, but deep red.
There should be no soft areas, nor green areas (except, of course, for the stem, which should be green).
Wash the berries in warm, running water.
Do not soak them, or they will loose flavor.
Do not hull the berries or remove their green tops.
Pat the berries until they are completely dry.
Any type of chocolate may be used.
However, the chocolate should either be in pre-made chips, or you should chop it coarsely.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 6 oz Chocolate
- Step 1: Pour the chocolate into a heat proof medium-sized bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Step 2: Fill a medium-sized saucepan with two inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Step 3: Turn off the stove and set the bowl of chocolate over the saucepan. The chocolate will melt. Stir until it’s completely smooth. Remove the bowl from the stove.
- Step 4: Hold one strawberry by its green top and dip one half of it into the melted chocolate. Give the berry a small shake as you remove it from the chocolate. Then immediately give the berry a quick clockwise turn; this finishes the tip of the strawberry neatly. Lay the strawberry down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step with the remaining strawberries.
- Step 5: To help the chocolate set, place the baking tray of dipped strawberries on a shelf in the refrigerator. Don’t leave the strawberries in for longer than half an hour, or the chocolate will “sweat"